“Being a drama activity leader was fabulous because it meant I got to meet all of the campers. I knew that this week would be special but I think I underestimated how much I would laugh and how deep of a connection I would make with the rest of the OTW family. Thank you so much, I can’t wait to come back next year.”
At Camp, Activity Leaders design and deliver activities they have a passion for, such as Drama, Games, Discovery, Arts and Crafts or Music. The activity sessions are designed to create fun environments for the Campers to learn new skills, achieve their goals and reflect on their accomplishments. You will receive ongoing support from the Activities Coordinator and Over The Wall staff throughout the Camp session.
All of our activities are designed within our model of Therapeutic Recreation and are adaptable to all levels of ability and accessibility.
Activity Leaders also help to prepare our Evening Programme. Our Evening Programme could be anything – from themed discos, talent shows or even slightly unusual activities like a whale hunt or a secret spy mission!
Activity Leaders will also be allocated a team at camp. Like our Team Mate volunteers, Activity Leaders support, guide, inspire and encourage our Campers.
We are looking for Activity Leaders who:
- Can effectively design and facilitate activity sessions to Campers (Activity Leaders are provided with pre-Camp training and will receive ongoing support at Camp)
- Have the ability to form positive, supportive relationships with our Campers
- Are energetic and enthusiastic
- Possess excellent communications skills
- Can work effectively as part of a team
- Are reliable, punctual and dependable
- Have a sense of fun!
Our 2017 applications are now open until Monday 1st May:
– South Health Challenge Volunteer Applications are now closed