From the outside looking in you will never understand, from the inside looking out you will never be able to explain. This sums up my experience in one convenient quote. OTW has been one of the best experiences of my life and has changed me as a person for the better.”
Our Safeguarding Officers are an extremely important part of Camp as they act as ambassadors of our Safeguarding policy, helping to ensure the mutual protection of Campers, Volunteers and Staff.
You may be the first port of call for Volunteers who are concerned the Safeguarding Policy has been breached. Your role would be to support the person who has reported concerns to you and also inform Over The Wall staff of their disclosure. Whilst you will not be responsible for contacting the appropriate authorities to investigate concerns, you will be vital in ensuring the Over the Wall staff team are made aware of any Safeguarding breaches and may be asked to contribute advice towards Safeguarding decisions.
As with our ‘Team Mate’ Volunteers you will also be allocated to a Camp team and complete the everyday Team Mate role. You will therefore be an essential part of implementing Therapeutic Recreation at Camp, helping to support, guide, inspire and empower our Campers to increase their confidence.
We are looking for Safeguarding Officers who:
- Can evidence experience relevant to a Safeguarding role
- Can adhere to and help enforce the Over The Wall Safeguarding Policy
- Have the ability to form positive, supportive relationships with our Campers and fellow Volunteers so that they feel you are someone they can trust and confide in.
- Can responsibly handle sensitive and confidential information
- Possess excellent communications skills
- Can work effectively as part of a team
- Be reliable, punctual and dependable
- Have a sense of fun!