We're bringing over the wall to you in the community!
Outreach is our new programme where we bring elements of our transformative camps to children and young people with health challenges and their families. Whether through illness or circumstance, there are many children and young people who can’t attend our residential or virtual camps. This programme gives us the opportunity to do something different when our camps aren’t running. We attend and host events up and down the country, often in partnership with local organisations and other charities. This year we have worked with Eczema Support in Scotland, Reach in North and South London, Teenage Cancer Trust in the Midlands and Queens Park Rangers football club.
Birmingham Children's Hospital
One of our Outreach workers, Meg, has a permanent base in Birmingham Children’s Hospital. From here she can support the children and young people who are receiving hospital treatment and care, as well as their families. Activities usually involve 1:1 interactions and bedspace play.
Response to our Outreach efforts across the country, as well as in Birmingham, has been fantastic. We’re so excited to be bringing our Over The Wall magic to more children and young people across the UK and strengthening our relationships with communities and healthcare providers.
Follow our social media to keep updated with our latest outreach events!
Over the course of this year we have already had some fantastic events, including:
- Make a Move at Bristol Royal Hospital for cancer patients
- Paediatric IBD Patient and Family Day at Edinburgh Children’s Hospital
- Activity day for families of a child or young person with narcolepsy at Sheffield Children’s Hospital
- Activity for the families of children and young people with diabetes with Gloucestershire Paediatric Diabetes
- Activity day in the Midlands for children and young people with limb loss or difference and their families with Reach
Check back in the new year to find your local event in 2023!